HEC invites applications under the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for 2018 academic year from Pakistan/AJ&K teaching faculty holding full time university teaching post at the time of application with postgraduate academic qualification (18 years Master degree with no 3rd Division throughout the academic career). PhD scholarships are offered under all major areas with priority to six development themes:
- Science and Technology for Development
- Strengthening Health Systems and Capacity
- Promoting Global Prosperity
- Strengthening Global Peace, Security and Governance
- Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crises
- Access. Inclusion and Opportunity
How to apply:
You must make your application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS). The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the EAS.
All applications, with full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English), must be submitted by 23.59 (GMT) on 15 February 2018 at the latest.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the EAS will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
You must provide the following supporting documentation, which must be received by the CSC by 23.59 (GMT) on 19 February 2018 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- Supporting statement from your supervisor at your home country university, highlighting current institutional links
- Supporting statement from your proposed supervisor at a UK university, highlighting current institutional links
- Reference from at least one other individual
- Copy of your valid passport showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship
Note: Only those applications will be entertained who apply online through both Commonwealth EAS portal and HEC’s online portal.
The last date to submit hard copies of the online application by post addressed to HEC is 13 February, 2018.
Click on image to see full view